Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The good, the bad, the Internet

In class we talked about the internet and the good and bad things that came with using it. On one hand you can use it to find out information, but not all the information is correct. You wouldn't really be able to know what’s true and what’s not because people can write anything. People can be whoever they want to be over the internet and you would never know they aren't who they say they are.

In my life using the internet for social networking reasons is good and bad. Me being from England and not really having family in America, it helped me keep in contact with them and see pictures of how everyone is growing up and changing. It was nice to see but the negative thing about that was it made me miss being back home and not growing up around my family. One positive thing that came from using the social network that I met the father of my children online and we have not been together for 4 years. Along with the good, there have been negative outcomes from using the internet for social reasons. There have been occasions where it has led to bad attention and people using words to be rude towards me and taking my pictures offline and using them as their own. Now I stay of social networks, they have become too much of a hassle.

The internet does have some good aspects, but it also has some bad ones. It can break up friendships or create new ones. It can make people feel like they have worse symptoms than they do then they go to the doctor or they could read that their so called symptoms aren't bad then don't go to the doctor but it can be something life threatening.

No comments:

Post a Comment